The Unstoppable Foundation is a non-profit humanitarian organization that moves entire communities from surviving to thriving through education and our 5-pillar model, so that every person can realize their full potential.
You will be working with the Founder and her team. The Founder is the author of two books and an international speaker. You’ll be helping her be more efficient and more effective in all that she does – personally and professionally. This is a very special position for a very special person!
You will also support the team members in a variety of capacities which requires the following skills and characteristics:
Skills and Experience Needed
- Heart-centered professional who cares about people.
● Positive-minded and you create solutions to challenging situations.
● Highly focused and highly productive with outstanding quality in a very fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with our virtual staff.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality for a well known public person.
● Great sense of humor and strong desire to have fun.
● Extremely flexible with your time.
● High level of maturity in all that you do.
● Happy doing high level projects as well as more mundane administrative tasks.
● Team player in all that you do.
● Outstanding communication skills – both oral and written.
● Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Self-starter and ability to work independently when needed.
● Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task effectively in an environment of tight deadlines.
○ Organize office operations and procedures
○ CEO and team calendar management
○ Client meetings
○ Coordinate CEO’s speaking events and all details for the event
○ Proficiency in drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications with clients.
○ Editing and proofing
○ Compose emails & basic communications
○ Dictation and type-ups
○ Thank you cards, letters, gifts, basic CRM
○ Retrieve data and create reports using our internal database system
○ Opening mail, sorting,and responding
○ Highlight urgent or time sensitive items, including checks and bills
○ Handle outgoing mail and purchase stamps
○ Pick up mail from PO box, organize, and distribute appropriately. This includes managing checks received and notifying the Finance Department of any deposits. This position also requires occasional in-person bank deposits.
○ Function as HR as needed by fielding paperwork, filing documents
○ Complete tasks such as updating accounts, and basic web updates
○ Keep all computers up-to-date and sync laptop with home computer for back-up purposes. Secure information by completing data base backups on a set schedule
○ Technically savvy and proficient with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
○ Basic knowledge of Quickbooks, and Google platform
○ Respond to donor calls and emails
○ Review processed donations daily.
○ Call to thank anyone who made a first time donation
○ Review emails from Authorize.net daily for recurring expirations, and suspended or terminated monthly pledges
○ Process donations from events and/or oversee processing by others
○ Gala support – primarily guest-related requirements related to ticket sales, registration, and table assignment
- Information management and organization
○ Filing, sorting, improving organization of office paper and digital files; developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions
○ Personal errands that vary, but to include: picking up dry cleaning, running founder’s car through carwash and filling with gas, shipping packages, or picking up orders – both personal and for the Foundation.
○ Maintain customer confidence by keeping information strictly confidential.
- Opportunity to learn and grow in a variety of areas & work with a great team.
- Make a real difference in the lives of entire communities in developing countries
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing, heart-centered business with a mission for helping others realize their full potential
- Opportunity to attend live events and trainings, when needed.
Location and Work Hours
- Since you will be working primarily from your home, you’ll need to have a dedicated quiet office space that allows for a professional experience in speaking with our team members, donors, and partners.
- The Foundation offices are in Marina del Rey so applicants should optimally live within 20 minutes of zip code 90292.
- This position requires approximately 20 hours per week and will evolve into a full time position. Work is required primarily during normal business hours with some weekends and evenings depending on the workload.
Your compensation will be commensurate with your skills and experience.
Good luck. This really is the opportunity you’ve been looking for… to work with a group of people who will love you, support you, and give you the opportunity to make a difference in the world in a much bigger way. The possibilities are endless.
To apply for this position:
- Complete the fields in the form on the right
- In the cover letter section, explain why you believe you’re an awesome fit for this position.
- Attach a pdf of your resume.
When you submit your info, a Career History form will be emailed to you. Please complete it in full in a timely manner.